Agnes Boal Bursary
The Canadian Quilters’ Association/Association canadienne de la courtepointe (CQA/ACC) offers two kinds of awards for guilds/groups only. These are the Agnes Boal Bursary and rosettes.
The Agnes Boal Bursary is sponsored by the CQA/ACC in memory of Agnes Boal, a former President of the CQA/ACC whose love of quilting and the CQA/ACC were evident to all who knew her. Annually, $750 is awarded to a CQA/ACC member guild/group to assist them in bringing a Canadian teacher (who is a member of CQA/ACC) to their area to conduct a workshop or give a lecture. The winning group will be invited to share the teaching experience they arrange, in an issue of The Canadian Quilter.
- The applicant guild/group must be a CQA/ACC member in good standing for the past two years.
- The bursary is limited to one application per guild/group per year.
- A guild/group who receives a bursary must wait five years before re-applying.
- Confirm with CQA/ACC Membership director that the Teacher/presenter selected must be a CQA/ACC member
- Arrangements with the teacher must be made within 12 months of winning the bursary.
- The deadline for applications is April 1. Send completed application to the CQA/ACC membership director.
- A draw from the applications is made at each AGM and the winner announced, as well as published in the autumn issue of The Canadian Quilter.