Pin Cushion Challenge
Do you like the idea of a challenge with a chance to get published, win some fabric and not spend a year creating the project? If so, this challenge is for you! Every quilter uses pins, whether it be to hold their piecing together, attach sashing, or accidentally sew them into the binding! This challenge is super easy, you get to use your imagination, scraps of fabric and you don’t even have to mail us your entry! If you have never entered anything before, why not give it a try? How thrilling it would be to see your work published in a national magazine!
The challenge is to make a pin cushion.
Here’s How the Challenge Works:
- Design and create a pin cushion. It can be any size, shape or colour. You are encouraged to try new techniques and make it original. You can embellish it as much or as little as you want. If you do use a pattern, please provide copyright information when submitting.
- It must have a place to hold pins.
- Take a picture of your pin cushion and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, email address, a brief description of your pin cushion, and any copyright information.
- Our panel of judges will select a First, Second and Third prize.
- The winners will be notified by email by December 15, 2012, will be published in the Spring Canadian Quilter Newsletter and receive fabric and/or patterns.
- Deadline to receive pin cushion picture is December 10, 2012.
Tips on Photographing:
- Use a well lit area.
- Have no background distractions.
- Try to have at least a 1 MB jpeg.
- Ensure that no part of the pin cushion is cut off in the picture.
Good luck and get creating those pin cushions!